This journal adheres to the ethical guidelines
- Ethical consideration regarding human and animal experimentation
- Authorship and contributorship
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Protection of human subjects and animals in research
- Medical Ethics Manual
- Ethics in Research
A conflicts of interest exists if authors or their institutions have financial or personal relationships with other people or organisations that could inappropriately influence (bias) their actions. Financial relationships are easily identifiable, but conflicts can also occur because of personal relationships, academic competition, or intellectual passion.
AT THE END OF THE MANUSCRIPT all submissions to Medicina Oral Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal must include:
1. Conflict of interest
Disclosure of all relationships that could be viewed as presenting a potential conflict of interest.
• At the end of the text, under a subheading “Conflicts of interest”, all authors must disclose any financial and personal relationships with other people or organisations that could inappropriately influence (bias) their work. Examples of financial conflicts include employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert testimony, patents or patent applications, and travel grants, all within 3 years of beginning the work submitted. If there are no conflicts of interest, authors should state that.
• All authors are required to provide a signed statement of their conflicts of interest as part of the author statement form.
2. Ethics. Under a subheading of Ethics: The ethics committee approval with the reference number.
3. Source of Funding. Under a subheading of Source of Funding. In case of non funding disclose it.
4. Authors’ contributions. Under a subheading of Authors’ contributions.